piątek, 23 marca 2012

Mood.


Did I mention that I'm a huge fan of the "Dune". Actually "a huge fan" is not exactly a proper term to describe my attitude towards that novel. I think it is the best book ever written.
One of my favourite quotes from it is:

Martial Arts, Dune
"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting."
Gurney Halleck spoke these words to Paul Atreides when during training session Paul didn't feel like training, he didn't feel like fighting and said:
"I guess I'm not in the mood for it today".
You can imagine that he was eventually pushed to be in a mood, last Gurney's words before continue the training were:
"Guard yourself for true!"
We all feel like that more often that we would like to admit even in front of ourselves. But guess what, Gurney here is  100% right. This quotation always pushed me up from my knees to stand up straight and stop being a cattle. What we do is Martial Arts. If I step on the matt with attitude of "not being in a mood" I will waste my time. I will waste time of my companions. I will show no respect towards people, place and principles. And that is disgraceful.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz